Unity is a discovery service that allows users to donate, volunteer or just know all the NGOs in Israel in a easy way. Unity aims to fix the gap between potential donors and NGOs.
1) Create easy-to-understand data about NGOs.
2) Explore all NGOs in Israel.
3) Allow users to donate, volunteer or just know more about NGOs.
4) Bridge the gap between potential donors and NGOs
Starting off, I asked myself a few initial questions. Who is our primary user? What kind of goals do they have? Why would someone want to use this application? After interviewing four participants to establish archetypes later on, it became evident that the goals they wanted to accomplish all fell within the same categories; finding out more about NGOs and then contribute.
In order to construct a concise and solid foundation for Unity, I had to venture out and see what the prominent donation/volunteer work applications were already doing and what user goals they were not reaching. I found that there is no Application just for NGOs in Israel, there is a few for global causes, but not specific the way I wanted.
Before moving onto high fidelity wireframes and mocks, I wanted to get a feel for what the core of the app would look like when put in front of me.
Comprehending the Data
1) Creating easy-to-understand data visuals for donators was a goal that helped drive this project as far as it did. A lot of the time, users don't know where to find data or want to find easy-to- understand data about NGOs. I solved this issue creating NGOs categories with text, image and video to help the user understand on a more familiar level.
2) Seamless Exploration
Before establishing a familiar navigation throughout the app, I had to decide what kind of navigation would work best for the user, so I created categories for all NGOs with his own pages, with a intuitive way to make a donation or just know them.
3) Making the difference
I wanted to allow users to donate, volunteer or know NGOs around Israel, It's cool for users to go back and see which NGOs they've donated to, which categories, and how long ago it was.
4)"Which causes do you support?"
Answering this question is no longer an issue as users are able to easily check in their profile which NGOs they like with one tap, allowing to share with others users what they care about.